Thursday, October 9, 2008

Boutique Cafe Dishes About Olive Kids



“Olive” our new bedding from Olive Kids!

You’re probably learning more about me from my Daily Dish reviews than you’d like to but it can’t be helped. At Boutique Cafe we pride ourselves on our honest product reviews and with honesty comes personal information. Here’s another tidbit about me you can add to your file: I’m not big on character clothing or accessories. Though I caved on my toddler son’s Thomas backpack, you won’t find TV or movie characters anywhere else besides his underwear. Perhaps that’s why I love Olive Kids line of bedding and room decor.

Olive Kids was created to offer parents like me “an affordable alternative to the character based entertainment licenses.” The company believes kids’ rooms should inspire creativity and play and not serve as an advertisement for a TV show or movie. I couldn’t agree more! Though my baby girl isn’t old enough to realize it, she is now the proud owner of Olive Kids’ Tea Party bedding set. My mom was in town when I opened the box and she and I could not stop oohing and aahing over every single piece. From the darling super soft sheets to the sweet polka-dot and stripe comforter to the pretty pink sham with its plush-to-the-touch teapot, the set is perfect for little girls without being over-the-top girly (something else I’m not big on). The icing on the cake (pun totally intended) is the accent pillow with its yummy cupcake complete with sprinkles.



If you have a little one who’s more transportation than tea party, he’ll love Olive Kids’ Trains, Planes and Trucks or Heroes bedding sets. But these sets aren’t just fun for kids. Parents will notice the attention to detail: comforters have outline quilting; shams have embroidery and soft plush; and cotton sheets have attached ribbon details. Did I mention you can get all of these things at a fraction of the cost for something similar from PBK (a.k.a. Pottery Barn Kids)?

If you already have your toddler’s or kid’s bedding you’ll want to check out Olive Kids’ great room decor. My top three picks are the floor pillows (and you can get these personalized!), canvas growth charts (also personalized), and peel & stick chalkboards. Plan to spend lots of time on their site–you’ll find lots to love at Olive Kids! –Emily

No comments: